Escalante City Coronavirus Updates
56 NORTH 100 WEST ▪ P.O. BOX 189 ▪ ESCALANTE, UT 84726
Phone: (435) 826-4644 ▪ FAX: (435) 826-4642
ESCALANTE CITY RELEASES CITY PLAN TO MITIGATE COMMUNITY SPREAD OF COVID-19
ESCALANTE, Utah (March 17, 2020) — In cooperation and collaboration with Governor Gary Herbert and Utah’s Coronavirus Task Force, Escalante City has released a plan to help mitigate the community spread of Covid-19 for the health of our citizens.
The safety of the citizens and employees is important to us. The most important thing to remember is to not panic, but to be in a higher state of protection and prevention. Our primary focus throughout this rapidly-evolving situation is to maintain all essential city services, with minimal disruptions.
Escalante City’s community safety plan is intended to take proactive actions that will help contain any possible spread and share action messages we can all take to protect ourselves and others, including social distancing, proper hygiene and calm preparedness.
Escalante City will continue to take our guidance from Utah’s Coronavirus Task Force and others given responsibility with managing this ongoing public health issue. Our Escalante City community safety plan was developed in response to Governor Herbert’s following recommendations:
- Limit group gatherings to 10 healthy individuals or fewer
- If sick, stay home.
- Telecommute to work, if possible and start immediately
- Exceptions. The prohibition of gatherings of more than ten individuals does not apply to grocery stores. Grocery stores are encouraged to remain open to provide necessary food items and other goods.
Escalante Community Safety Plan
Preemptive measures are effective immediately, unless otherwise stated, and will be reevaluated on a day-to-day basis. We will notify the public of updates as necessary.* Closure of the Escalante City Senior Center and senior group activities and services.
These include, but are not limited to the following:
* Senior related activities and classes
* Senior Lunch (Meals on Wheels lunch delivery will continue)
- Closure of the Escalante City Gym to all group activities and services.
- Closure of the Escalante City Multi-Purpose Center.
* To reduce potential exposure, please call in orders and the Care and Share team will deliver the order to your vehicle.
The public will not be allowed to come inside and shop by themselves.
If you’re worried about whether you may have COVID-19, please call the Utah Coronavirus Information
Line at 1-800-456-7707
For more information regarding COVID-19, we recommend residents refer to reliable sources, including the following:
- State of Utah Coronavirus Taskforce: coronavirus.utah.gov
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): coronavirus.gov
- World Health Organization (WHO): who.int
- Southwest Utah Public Health Department: swuhealth.org/covid
- Garfield County: garfield.utah.gov
- Garfield County School District: garfk12.org
STOP THE SPREAD OF GERMS
- Avoid close contact with people.
- Cover cough/sneeze with a tissue.
- Avoid touching your face.
- clean/disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Stay home when sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash/sanitize hands regularly.